Tất cảToánVật lýHóa họcSinh họcNgữ vănTiếng anhLịch sửĐịa lýTin họcCông nghệGiáo dục công dânTiếng anh thí điểmĐạo đứcTự nhiên và xã hộiKhoa họcLịch sử và Địa lýTiếng việtKhoa học tự nhiênÂm nhạcMỹ thuật
REVISION ENGLISH 9 (UNIT 8 – UNIT 9)
I. Listen and fill in the blanks:
If you live in an earthquake zone, you should (1) _________ some time to look around your house. Place (2) _______ books on the bottom shelf of your bookshelves. Block the rollers on your fridge and washing machine to prevent them (3) _____ moving. Put hanging potted plants in plastic containers. Check the mirrors in your (4) ______ and bedroom. Make sure they can”t move. Don”t put your bed next to a window. Planning where you are going to be during an (5) _______ is very important. The first thing to remember is to stay inside. (6) _______ you should sit under a strong table or doorway, or stand in the corner of a room.
Bạn đang xem: Http://dethi
II. Chose the best answer:
1. On Easter Day , people crowded the streets to watch colorful ________.a. shows b. parades c. contests d. paradises
2. We are going to ________ the anniversary of our 50th wedding. Please stay and come.
a. welcome b. celebrate c. open d. hold
3. Tet is a festival which _________ in late January or early February.
a. begins b. causes c. carries d. occurs
4. On Passover, Jewish people celebrate freedom ____ slavery.a. on b. to c. for d. from
5. There are lots of parties ___ Christmas.a. in b. at c. on d. for
6. In 1981, a tornado lifted a baby into the air and ____ safely 100 meters away.a. let it off b. put it down c. take it on d. suck it up
7. She”s very kind. She”s always ___ towards her employees.a. distinguished b. proud c. considerate d. happy
8. This letter needs ___ immediately. Will you take care of it?a. to send b. sending c. being sent d. send
9. He has already been ___ as a candidate.a. called b. nominated c. remembered d. said
10. Most people you meet will be polite to you ___ you are polite to them.a. in case b. only if c. unless d. if
11. Isn”t it time the children ___?a. go to bed b. going bed c. go bed d. went to bed
12. Do you remember the name of the shop __ you bought this dictionary?a. who b. that c. which d. where
13. Mr. Wilson, ____ yesterday, teaches chemistry.a. I met b. whom I met c. that I met d. with who I met
14. The word ___ means “big wind” in Chinese.a. hurricane b. tornado c. typhoon d. tsunami
15. Chocolate and eggs are what children receive _____ Easter. a. at b. on c. in d. with
16. Tet is a good time when family members live ________ get together.
a- on b. at c. apart d. outside
17. Tet is a time for families to clean and ________ their homes
a. cover b. install c. conserve d. decorate
18. Passover, a Jewish festival is celebrated freedom from __________.
a. slavery b. servants c. service d. labor
19. Some people consider Easter a __________ festival rather than a religious festival.
Xem thêm: File Word 181 Bài Tập Trắc Nghiệm Đại Số 10 Chương 2 Hàm Số Toán 10
a. joyful b. joke c. cheer d. happy
20. Passover is also a / an __________ spring festival.
a. ancient b. modern c. new d. disappointed
21. Passover is celebrated in Israel and by all __________ people.
a. English b. Vietnamese c. Japanese d. Jewish
22. Let me congratulate you _____ winning the prize! a. on b. at c. with d. because of
23. It is very nice _________ you to say so. a. at b. of c.in d. on
24. The show raised thousands of dollars for _________.
a. charity programs b. wedding day c. council d. congress
25. My parents’ feelings for me are so strong that the word love can”t _______ them.
a. describe b. compose c. make d. celebrate
26. Children under the age of 4 cannot always ____________ between the truth and a lie.
a.differ b. distinguish c. separate d. sort
27. We think that Mother’s Day should be celebrated _________.
a. national b. nationality c. nationwide d. nation
28. She is so sad because she is not ___________ with her exam result.
a. considerate b. generous c. satisfied d. terrific
29. Children can”t get to sleep on Christmas Eve because they are too ________.
a. excited b. bored c. interested d. worried
30. Auld Lang Syne is the title of a Scottish song ________ means good time long ago.
a. who b. which c. having d. with
31. Peter, __________ can compose many pieces of music , sings very well.
a. which b. who c. whom d. whose
32. The men and animals ____ you saw on TV are from China. a. who b. whom c. which d. that
33. I saw the boy _______ helped me last week. a. who b. whom c. which d. whose
34. Thuy”s grandma turned the television __ to see the weather forecast.a. off b. up c. on d. down
35. A funnel-shaped storms passing overland below a thunderstorm is called a ___.a. typhoons b. tsunami c. tornado d. hurricane
36. The floods have killed hundreds and made thousands _____.
Xem thêm: Đề Đọc Hiểu Ngữ Văn 10 Violet, Uylítxơ Trở Về Ngữ Văn 10 Violet
a. homely b. homeland c. homeless d. homesick
37. Do you remember Mrs. Lake, ___ taught us English composition?a. who b. whom c. that d. which
38. Is Dr. Brown the person ____ you wish to speak?a. that b. whom c. to who d. to whom
III. Supply the correct form or tense of the verbs:
1. His joke made us _____________ laughing______________a lot. (laugh)
2. I don”t want ______to take_______ care of as if I were a child. (take)
3. They advised him _____not to cross_______ the street against the red lights. (not cross)
4. I”ll have my brother ______repaired________my bicycle. (repair)
5. We _____were looking ______for a cafeteria when we met Sue. (look)
6. My father _______have already been_________to Ha Not many times. (already/ be)
7. She wishes she ______could________take part in the game. (can)
8. Do you have any difficulty in ____solving________this problem? (solve)
9. It started to rain while you_____was sleeping________(sleep).
10. He said that he _____has lost_________his bicycle the day before. (lose)
11. I didn”t feel like ______working _______so I suggested _____spending______ (spend) the day in the park. (work)
12. I wish Mom _____was________here with us now. (be)
13. This dress will make you _______look_______fat. (look)
IV. Supply the correct form of the word:
The ______ colored_______Easter Parade has become a popular tradition for Easter Sunday in New York. ( color)Children have too much ______free time_______these days. (free)When work is pleasure, life is joy. When work is duty, life is ____slavery________. (slave)One of the most important ______ celebration_____ for Vietnamese people is Tet. (celebrate)New Year’s day is a national ____festival ______ , so people don’t have to work. (festive)You’ve passed your driving test? ______ Congratulation________ ! ( Congratulate)He has been nominated as the most effective ___activities____in the town charity program.(act)They often take part in charity _____activity______ organized by the church. (act)Thank you very much for all your_____kind______ . (kind)The streets are filled with _____joyful______ atmosphere when Christmas Day comes. (joy)People sang Auld Language Syne ___ joyfully____ on New Year’s Eve. (joy)He is very ____consideration____ towards his friends- he always tries to help if one of them has a problem. ( consider)It’s very ____considered___ of you. You should care about the feelings of others. (considerate)His ____ description_____ of the events leading up to the accident is unclear. (describe)I have still not received a ____ satisfied_____ answer to my question. (satisfy)Many people consider Mozart to be the greatest ______ composer_______ who ever lived. (compose)His failure was ________ predictive______, given his poor study habits. (predict)Our ______ prediction_________ turns out to be correct, (predict)Smoking is _______ damaging________ to your health, (damage)___________Unluckily________,the typhoon didn”t cause any damage on the village, (lucky)A tidal wave brings death and ___________ destruction________in its wake. (destroy)Their stated aim was to free women from domestic ________ slavery ___________ (slave)It was the biggest _______eruption____________of Vesuvius for some years, (erupt)The buildings were ______ extended_________ damaged by the fire. (extend)I hope you will join in the Christmas _______ celebration________. (celebrate)
Chuyên mục: Đề Thi